A Travellerspoint blog

South Korea-Jejuing on the hop-on hop-off

Yesterday, I awoke early in Jeju. Unlike Seoul, the weather here is great-nice and sunny and hot. I was able to wear my shorts for the first time in a long time. To start the day I got on the hop-on hop-off bus across the street (after breakfast at the hostel of noodles). The ride was nice-and the first stop was a museum. I didn't want to get off at the museum originally, but a lot of people got off at the museum, and the women walking around the bus collecting tickets encouraged me to get off there, so that is what I did.

When I was at the museum-I still couldn't figure out why I was there. It was a beautiful day, and I didn't see a reason to stay indoors. There didn't seem to be a lot to do around there-so I went to a restaurant and had a second breakfast of more noodles, and then caught the next hop-on hop-off bus.

This time I rode the bus a few stops to a large market. I actually needed to buy something-a converter for my computer/phone. The current one I had works with plus that are on a horizontal strip, but not the vertical wall plug in the hostel. So I walked down various isles-found lots of food, and had some tangerine chocolates, and a pancake style snack (I was full), but couldn't find the plug. I went to an underground mall, that looked small-but it had about 100 stores, and still couldn't find a plug. Finally, when I walked outside, I found a pedestrian mall, and here i found a wall plug. As a matter after buying it-I found a street vendor with a better one-so now I had two.

i got on the hop-on hop-off bus again, and took it to a more scenic area-a suspension bridge called Yongyeon pond with a gazebo near the beach.

Then I took a walk along the path to a road the ran along the coast, and I saw the coast, which was filled with large black lava stones from the dormant volcano. I kept walking in the late afternoon, as the sun was going down, and watched the sunset. Then I an expensive dinner ($15.00-a lot more then I usually spend on meals), and had some good fresh seafood. I waited a long time for a bus to go back home (the hop-on hop-off busses had long stopped running). Eventually, a bus came-but went back to the airport instead of the bus station (which was near the hostel), got on another bus, and got home. After I got back, I saw I had an extra wall-plug, so I actually bought two I didn't need.

Posted by DavidPearlman 15:27 Archived in South Korea

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.